Landlord Electrical Services – Chester and Cheshire
Electrical Services to Support Landlords
Landlords are some of our biggest customers and often have a wide range of electrical requirements – whether they are in the initial stages of new house purchases or run several properties both domestic and commercial which require ongoing maintenance and certification. We provide landlord electrical services throughout Chester and Cheshire.
Passing the 5 Tests
Only 45.6%* of private rented properties match all 5 electrical safety features. The 5 features are All PVC wiring. All Modern Earthing, Modern Consumer Unit, MCB and RCD in the Consumer Unit.
Landlord Electrical Challenges
From our experience, we know landlords do not want to be concerned with the day to day electrical oversight of their properties, however, there are many new challenges to bear in mind.
Challenge – Housing and Planning Act 2016
We have written an article on the Housing and Planning Act 2016 which came into effect in April 2017. In summary, there are a number of new rules and requirements around electrical safety standards.
To comply, landlords must have modern installations, periodic checks and be able to produce an electrical testing certificate for all properties at any time. If caught not complying there are severe penalties.
Challenge – MEES
We have a dedicated page covering the Minimum Electrical Efficiency Standards – in summary, all landlord owned property much meet the minimum EPC standards or fines will be levied. This comes into full effect in 2018.
Our Landlord Solutions
As well as providing standard repairs, installations, EICR’s and other work we have put together a number of landlord specific packages.
- Full Initial Inspection and recommendations. Remedial work and installations if required.
- Periodic Inspections managed and scheduled by Atlas Electric.
- Electrical Certifications.
Recommended Landlord Services
- Storage of certificates and associated documentation for querying when required.
- Proactively managing calendar and electrical periodic testing.
- Oversight and recommendations based on latest legislation.
- Fire Safety, Carbon Monoxide alarms installing and testing.
- PAT testing.
Other Landlord Electrical Services
- Advice and documentation for tenants.
- Non-scheduled inspections.
- Surge Protection to protect white goods.
Please call us on the number below or drop us an email if you are interested in learning more about our services for landlords in the Chester and Cheshire areas.